Thursday, December 1, 2011

PerNoFiMo is FINISHED!

Last night I officially completed the first draft of my W.I.P. Time to blow the horns! WHOOOO!!! Personal Novel Finishing Month has been a success.
So, for anyone who's curious (and me to record):

Working Title: Forget Me Not
Genre: YA Fantasy
Idea came: March 4, 2011
Bumps along the way: I started to write it seriously around April, but had to scrap it mid-June and start over.
Finish date: November 30, 2011.
Word count: 67,000
Brought to you by: Josh Groban, Josh Groban, and oh yeah, Josh Groban. I couldn't listen to anything but him for some reason. Especially this song:


For those curious about the premise of it, let's just say that when I heard this song I was kind of freaked out about how well it fit my MC's situation:
(As you might tell, music is huge for me when it comes to writing).

And right now is really the perfect time for me to be finishing up my first draft, because now I can focus on my last week of class and finals week. Then over Christmas break I'll be able to dive right into revising.

So since November tends to be a productive month for finishing projects, have any of you finished a draft lately?

10 comments:

  1. Woah..CONGRATS! That's a great achievement. And I get to say that cos I haven't finished mine yet, and I'm worried sick :/

    And if that song is any indication, I think your ms sounds amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Music is huge for me as well! I actually wrote a post about it a few days ago :) My inspiration for the current WIP was the newest Evanescence CD... Epic :)


    But... Josh Groban is my future husband :) so I totally appreciate your inspiration. Unfortunately for whatever reason I can't hear the song. Which one is it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Bee: Thanks! And I'm sure you'll finish yours, just keep swimming! I mean, going.

    @Kelley: That's weird. It's from his newest CD, the song "Straight to You."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Round of applause. Perfectly fitting. Sounds like you have a cool story on your hands. Best of luck with it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea!! *throws confetti* Good for you! Congrats on finishing your novel!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats for finishing your book! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! That's huge! I know because I just finished my own book. Feels great, huh? Congrats!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. CONGRATULATIONS!!! That's such an awesome feeling!! And you did it during school? O_O You are awesome. And I love YA fantasy.

    I used NaNoWriMo to finish drafts, too. :D During November, I got one finished, and my co-author and I finished another one.

    P.S. I don't know if you got the message or not, but you won a copy of my book here: Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on finishing! That's awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete