Thursday, December 13, 2012

Business Plan 2013

This semester has been the craziest of my life. Just last night I finished the first draft for my honors thesis that's due on January 30, so I have a whole lot of work to do! Next semester I'm graduating (SO WEIRD) but I should have more time on my hands. :)

Today Marissa Meyer, author of Cinder, posted on her blog "Business Plans for Writers." And honestly, when I first saw this I thought, "Um...shouldn't this wait for New Years?" until I realized...it's December 13. WAIT, WHAT? Where did the time go?!

So anyway, I thought I'd make my own business plan, as Marissa Meyer did. To make myself accountable, this list is going on the side of my blog, so it doesn't get buried and forgotten. Here we go!

My 2013 Business Plan

  • Polish honors thesis
  • Apply to MFA programs
  • Re-write FORGET ME NOT
  • Outline FMN trilogy
  • Polish FMN
  • Blog 3 times a week and revisit Writer's Guide to the Hunger Games
  • Comment on at least 3 blogs every day.
  • Practice writing queries (no promises on sending any out, though, I want to be ready when that step comes)
And now, the all-important succeeding at this. Giving deadlines.

JANUARY
Apply to BYU's MFA program.
Rewrite, revise, and edit honors thesis
Blog and comment (this continued the whole time)

FEBRUARY
Turn in rest of MFA applications
Outline FMN trilogy
Begin FMN

MARCH
Continue working on FMN

APRIL
Finish first draft of FMN, send to readers

MAY-DECEMBER
Keep up revising, blogging, commenting, and everything else! Re-visit for more specific goals when it gets closer

So yeah, crazy year up ahead for me. MFA. I wasn't sure I was going to post about it in case I don't get in. And maybe I won't, but I'm trying. I feel like, with so much uncertain in my life right now, that's all I really can do. Just try and try and keep on trying.

What goals do you have for 2013?

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with everything! I should put together one of these business plans myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you have some awesome plans for the next year! Best of luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This plan looks like a really good idea. Good luck with all your goals!

    ReplyDelete


  4. I say many thanks to Mr. admin website I read this, because in this website I know a lot of information information that I did not know before his
    Menghilangkan Benjolan Di Leher

    ReplyDelete