Saturday, July 30, 2011

Book Review: Supernaturally by Kiersten White

Title: Supernaturally
Author: Kiersten White
Publisher: HarperTeen
Why I read it/how I found it: This is the sequel to Paranormalcy.

Description:
Evie finally has the normal life she’s always longed for. But she’s shocked to discover that being ordinary can be . . . kind of boring. Just when Evie starts to long for her days at the International Paranormal Containment Agency, she’s given a chance to work for them again. Desperate for a break from all the normalcy, she agrees.
But as one disastrous mission leads to another, Evie starts to wonder if she made the right choice. And when Evie’s faerie ex-boyfriend Reth appears with devastating revelations about her past, she discovers that there’s a battle brewing between the faerie courts that could throw the whole supernatural world into chaos. The prize in question? Evie herself.
So much for normal.

Review:
Just as funny and entertaining as its predecessor, I can say that I really enjoyed Supernaturally. This book has a lot of great character development and exploration. Obviously, as this is Evie's story she discovers the most about herself, but I think that other characters were presented full-fleshed. We find out more about Arianna in this one, and we meet Jack, who isn't just a this-is-how-he-is character. I'd read a whole other book on Jack, I'd love to explore more of his complexities. Sometimes I did feel like I was just being tossed from one situation to another, but looking back it all came back together in Evie's growth more than for a plotline. And while there is a plot, this book is very much a character-driven book.

Other information: The last book in the trilogy is Endlessly and will be coming out next summer. Paranormalcy is also opted for a film. Kiersten White's website is here.

6 comments:

  1. I'm excited to read this one! I loved Paranormalcy and am so happy to hear it's sequel is great too. Not that I expected anything less than greatness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I've definitely got to read this. And *Endlessly*? I love the title. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Intriguing. It's not a book I would immediately pick up, but I like your enthusiasm for the series. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to read this one. I really dug Paranormalcy :)

    And I didn't know it'll be a movie. That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Kimberly-Yes, it really is great! I think I enjoyed Paranormalcy a bit more, but Supernaturally is still awesome.

    @Jenna on a vlog, Kiersten said she chose Endlessly partly because it amused her to think the last book in a series would be called Endlessly when it, you know, the end.

    @Madeleine It's a really fun read.

    @Kelley It's only opted right now, but hopefully in the next few years we'll see it on the big screen!

    ReplyDelete

  6. Banned complain !! Complaining only causes life and mind become more severe. Enjoy the rhythm of the problems faced. No matter ga life, not a problem not learn, so enjoy it :)

    Obat Pilek Menahun
    Obat Alami Batu Empedu
    Obat Lupus
    Obat Ginjal Bocor
    Obat Infeksi Lambung
    Obat Penyakit Jantung
    Penyebab TBC Kelenjar
    Obat Gatal Bibir Vagina
    Cara Mengobati Vitiligol
    Cara Menghilangkan Infeksi Jantung

    ReplyDelete