I've been tagged by Carrie Bastyr and Karina Lawrence for The Lucky 7 meme. Carrie also tagged me for 11 questions and the Kreativ Blogger Award. Thanks to both of you for tagging me! And in celebration of the 7/11 I give myself a Slurpee. Half cherry, half pina colada.
1. Go to page 77 of your current MS/WIP
2. Go to line 7
3. Copy down the next 7 lines - sentences or paragraphs - and post them as they're written. No cheating
4. Tag 7 authors
5. Let them know
This is from my WIP Forget Me Not, not edited for style yet, and already I see some things to change.
After I pretended to read over a hundred pages, Silas and Morcant entered the library. They nodded to me and continued onto their study.And so I pass the Lucky 7 Meme onto:
My plan wouldn’t do any good with Morcant in the library. I chomped on my finger so hard I almost broke skin. After a few frenzied ideas, I finally settled on one.
I went to the writing desk and scribbled out instructions for Morcant to meet my father immediately. This wouldn’t guarantee me much time, but I would be given some. Hopefully it would be enough. I hurried out and found one of the pages, giving him the note for Morcant.
And here are the 11 Questions Carrie tagged me in:
1. If your WIP had a theme song, what would it be? Straight to You by Josh Groban.
2. How did you come up with the name for your main character? I researched legendary couples and all of them sucked (everyone dies or betrays each other). Then I came across a Shakespearian character named Imogen, who went through a hell of a lot and always remained true to her husband. I liked that part of her, and I liked the sound of the name. It just fit with my MC.
3. About how long does it take you to complete a first draft? A few months. If I don't start over, or from start to finish, about five months, when I'm busy with school and everything.
4. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? Coronado, California. A quaint little town by San Diego, the greatest place ever. Yeah, totally want to live there. No snow, perfect weather, beaches. Sigh.
5. What's your favorite candy bar? Oooh just one? Ummm...Reese.
6. Early bird or night owl? I can be both, but I'm probably a bit more of a night owl, if put to my own ways and not enforced by school or work.
7. Name one thing you're looking forward to this year. LDStorymakers Conference!
8. If you could have one question answered about your future, what would it be? I wouldn't want to know anything big, because then I might end up like someone from a Greek tragedy, trying to prevent it or just sliding into a self-fulfilling prophecy. I think I'd ask how many cats I'll own over my lifetime.
9. What is your favorite part of the writing process? I really like getting the ideas. You know, when you go, "Oh my gosh, that's what happened in my character's past!" or "So that's how they're going to storm the castle!"
10. Are you going to see Hunger Games on March 23rd? If not, why? YES. 12:01 AM, baby!
11. Team Peeta or Team Gale? Peeta. I went from "I like" to "I dislike" with Gale, but with Peeta I went from "I don't want to like him" to "I LOVE THIS BOY SO MUCH WHY ISN'T HE REAL WHY IS HE SO AMAZING HE IS THE BEST CHARACTER EVER!" And if we're talking about who Katniss should've ended up with, Peeta's the only choice in the end. He's her dandelion, and he gives her hope when things suck. Gale doesn't do that.
That was fun! Great questions, Carrie!
All of you Utah writers, let me know if you'll be at Writing for Charity! To everyone else, if there's a question you like, answer it! I'd like to know how you'd answer.